Healthy and sustainable eating doesn’t have to be hard. We love to share recipes that are simple, nourishing and won’t break the bank! Here is a taste of the easy recipes that we teach in our workshops. We try to make them fail-proof. Let us know how you go when cooking them at home!
Easy family meals
Here’s our shortlist of adaptable family favourites:
- No one ever guesses that this hearty cottage pie recipe is actually meat-free!
- This rainbow chard recipe is the most popular dish at our workshops
- Closely followed by this endlessly adaptable ‘pepperonata’ recipe
- This pasta dish is easy, cheap and healthy – what’s not to love!
- Chargrilled vegetables are delicious and the method is the same even if the seasonal produce changes
- Our emergency sausage rolls cleverly conceal vegetables inside meat and pastry – but still taste great
- We love our spices! This honey and turmeric bbq chicken is absolutely to die for.
Sensational (but simple) salads
- Green leaf salad with a bit of sparkle
- Mediterranean-style Quinoa Salad
- Easy Mango Salsa
- And of course our Magic Salad Dressing formula!
Tasty treats and food to share
Sometimes we are embarrassed by how easy it is to make delicious treats:
- This macadamia butter recipe is so easy it’s barely even a recipe!
- We love cheese so we make these crackers to go with it
- Who can refuse cake when it’s this good for you?
- Don’t mention this chocolate mousse has avocado in it and no one will know how good it is for you!
- Need some simple, healthy pre-dinner nibbles? We’ve got you sorted!
- African chickpea dip
Homemade beauty products
At zero waste workshops we love showing people how easy it is to make everyday items – thereby ditching plastic packaging!